2010 Results & Update –Thank you Jesus!
“For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
From Paul’s letter to the Corinthians. (1 Corinthians 3:9-11)
- Established Malawian NGO -Zikomo Yesu (Thank you Jesus) Enterprises
- Established Malawian Ministry- Wa Yesu (For Jesus) Ministries
- WE ARE SELF-SUSTAINABLE! IN 9 MONTHS! ONLY JESUS DOES THIS!
- Moved School & Teacher Train Center to Feed the Children, Nyambadwe, Blantyre
- Malawi Montessori Christian School serving 45 Children daily from Ndirande
- Held Three Formal Leadership and Montessori Training Weeks led by Malawian Leaders- Trained 109 teachers from private schools and CBCCCs at our Teacher Training Center.
- Taught 19 Teaching Interns through Practical Week of Teaching Program
- Africa ABC Project serving 370 children at the Community Based Child Care Centers (CBCCCs) weekly.
- Africa ABC Project empowering 17 teachers at local CBCCCs in Ndirande through teacher training on their centers weekly.
- Painted five CBCCCs with educational artwork & assisted in material development
- Addition of Five New Malawian Staff Members to our Ministry
- Hosted March 2010 Occupational & Physical Therapist & Media Team (Team Results: 2 Parent Trainings &Training Videos for parents and rehabilitation specialists who work with physically challenged kids.)
- Africa ABC Project sponsoring four parent leaders and one coordinator to continue the work with the children with physical disabilities at Chikondi and Feed The Children Rehabilitation Center.
- On-going Partnerships formed with Strategic Malawian Organizations: Guthrie Bible College, Feed the Children, Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital, & Chikondi Center for Children with Disabilities
- Jesus gets Maribeth a job in Malawi! Serving children with learning challenges at Phoenix International in morning & Executive Director of Ministry in afternoon! Praise God!
- Held Christmas Outreach Project for the children of Ndirande in partnership with Guthrie Bible College (9,000 illustrated books of John 3:16 distributed to the children! Amen!)
Happening Currently (Please Pray for Us)
- Kelsey Zeigler and Becca Dague arrive to serve as part of Africa ABC Team at Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital
- Montessori Early Childhood Diploma Program begins. I am training three of our Malawi Montessori Christian School teachers and three private paying clients for a year.
- Last evaluation by government board for certification of our school this week. This has been a very, very long process. Please pray for us for completion.
- Selecting New Board Members for Board of Trustees
- Possible visit by my cousin (smile) and doctor to review our project
- Development of our Ministry’s Five Year Plan
- Lynn Merritt and Cheryl Ramage from Lakeside Church arrive for Easter Outreach +
- Redesigning Financial and Business Systems
- Easter Outreach to 10,000 children in Ndirande
Possibly a visit from small team of Montessori teachers
- MB Home to U.S.
- Adding additional participants to diploma program
Future Goals (More prayer!)
- Addition of Board Members
- Purchase Land & Build Nursery, Primary and (eventually)Secondary School
- Expansion of Services to Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital
- Continued Self-Sustainability
- Begin accreditation of Teacher Training Center (early)
- Final certification of Wa Yesu Ministries
- Final certification of our school
- Three of our Teachers receive their diploma Feb 2012
- Literacy Project (which is very close to my heart) is On Hold until we have a staff member to coordinate it.
It costs between 2,500-2,800 U.S. monthly to run our ministry (salaries, rent, and programs & projects. I will add our financial accounting for 2010 this week.
We, the staff of Wa Yesu Ministries, thank you for making a difference for the children of Ndirande, Malawi. We thank you for your investment in Malawian leadership. These results would not have been possible without you! I am forever grateful! Love, Maribeth